“Do things with passion… or not at all”
- Global influences from as far afield as Asia and France have created South Africa’s delectably unique cuisine
- Sample the country’s street food on the go, or indulge in sophisticated fine dining at award-winning restaurants
- Learn to cook like a local with specialised classes taught by experts in their fields
- Enjoy gourmet wonders on your plate and sample exotic regional delicacies
- Savour some of the world class wines during crafted wine pairing at historic estates in panoramic settings
While cheese and chocolate paired with wine will always remain a match made in heaven, there is a host of other sweet and savoury foods that perfectly complement a wine’s flavour, aroma and mouthfeel.
Try “shellfish on the beach” comprised of: scallop, langoustine, prawn crouton, edible sea sand and sea foam paired with Buitenverwagting Chardonnay 2010.
A selection of elegant and culinary focused accommodation includes:
La Residence – Franschhoek, South Africa
Located in the beautiful Franschhoek Valley, La Residence is a haven of comfort and relaxation. Surrounded by vineyards and orchards, with a spectacular mountain backdrop, breath-taking views of the countryside and an atmosphere of complete tranquillity the hotel is a benchmark for luxury accommodation.
Ellerman House – Cape Town, South Africa
Ellerman House is the quintessential urban retreat for discerning luxury travellers wanting complete exclusivity in Cape Town. Located in Bantry Bay, the small, privately owned hotel offers spectacular Atlantic Ocean views against the dramatic backdrop of Lion’s Head. Clifton’s sheltered beaches are within walking distance, while local attractions such as Table Mountain, Camps Bay and the V&A Waterfront are 10 minutes by car.
It is these unforgettable moments we want to share with you.